Guestrooms are spacious and luxuriously appointed with contemporary furnishings, majestic en-suite bathrooms and all the mod cons to ensure that you benefit from plenty of tranquillity and comfort for the perfect night’s sleep. Every Oceanic Suite has stunning sea views and balconies from which to enjoy them, some of which are fitted with jacuzzis for that extra touch of exclusivity. And, since all of the balconies are west-facing, it’s the perfect excuse to pop open a bottle of bubbly and revel in a spectacularly romantic rose tinted sunset whilst taking the opportunity to completely unwind.
A beautifully sited saltwater swimming pool takes pride of place at the front of the hotel and is perfect for passing the hours soaking up the sun and counting the ships on the horizon when you have had enough of visiting the city’s attractions. A fantastic spa featuring a delicious range of international treatments is another way to fill the hours as is reading a book on the checkerboard terrace. The Galle Face Hotel has a wide range of eateries including Sea Spray, the Verandah and the fine dining 1864 as well as a couple of atmospheric places to hang out with a stiff drink, relax and evoke thoughts of yesteryear.
These super spacious suites directly overlook the sea and feature a Jacuzzi either inside the room or on the balcony overlooking the spectacular panorama of the ocean.
Overlooking the patio and with a view of the ocean, these deluxe rooms offer every contemporary comfort.
– Shop the city’s boutiques for everything from beautiful batiks, Indian silks and blue sapphires to stunning homeware pieces and antiques.
– Explore the wealth of culinary expertise: there are fine Japanese, Thai, Indian, Italian and Greek restaurants
– Take a helicopter ride above the city to get an aerial perspective
– Walk the Galle Face Green at sunset, fly a kite and sample some traditional street food
– Discover the country’s exciting artistic talent and the various small art galleries and exhibition spaces
– Indulge in spa treatments at the handful of world-class salons
For dinner, guests can choose from the Verandah’s delicious Oriental and Western a la carte menu or visit the Sea Spray seafood restaurant which serves up fantastic cuisine just inches from the swaying ocean. The 1864 is the hotel’s fine dining restaurant where its luxurious interior sedately pays tribute to the hotel’s grand history whilst at the same time exhibiting an innovative menu of fusion cuisine influenced by the flavours of Asia.
The Checkerboard is the ideal place to be at sunset for a cool cocktail or an icy beer as the sky becomes richly carpeted with a rose blush while the teak panelled Wine Lounge with its underground wine cellar full of fine vintages offers the perfect lifestyle experience for lovers of wine, cheese and cigars.