The courtyard area, full of interesting artworks leads off to the downstairs suite rooms, as well as a plunge pool and jacuzzi. This is also the setting of The Grape Expectations wine room. Here you can enjoy a delicious selection of fine wines by the glass after a day of exploring the city.
There is much to keep you entertained from the fine dining Scarlet Room restaurant on the first floor, to the Loft, an atmospheric industrial-style bar on the second floor. One of the most impressive features is the stunning roof terrace on the third floor known as the Cloud Cafe. This is a spectacular place to sit at night in one of the huge lounge chairs, with a freshly shaken cocktail in hand, and admire views of the cityscape.
– Shop the city’s boutiques for everything from beautiful batiks, Indian silks and blue sapphires to stunning homeware pieces and antiques.
– Explore the wealth of culinary expertise: there are fine Japanese, Thai, Indian, Italian and Greek restaurants
– Take a helicopter ride above the city to get an aerial perspective
– Walk the Galle Face Green at sunset, fly a kite and sample some traditional street food
– Discover the country’s exciting artistic talent and the various small art galleries and exhibition spaces
– Indulge in spa treatments at the handful of world-class salons
The Cloud Café on the rooftop is ideal for a relaxed evening meal. You can choose from a menu that includes Italian-style pizzas and burgers.