Recently renovated and furnished with a soft, simple and homely feel, 71 Pedlar Street is a typically high-ceiling villa, and despite being located in the heart of the Fort, is still a light and airy property. It houses a 10 meter, child friendly pool in an inner courtyard which has a sun bathing deck and lounge area and spreads out into the kitchen, pantry and a small private garden area.
The villa can be rented out as a whole or taken by the room, and comes with a staff of two. Being at the far end of Pedlar Street, the villa is a short walk to the Fort’s best restaurants, cafes, shops and museums and is just minutes away from the Ramparts.
Facilities and services provided by 71 Pedlar Street include free Wi-Fi in public areas, room service, a smoking area, satellite/cable TV room and fans and air-conditioning in all rooms.
– Inland bike rides that explore a stunning emerald landscape of paddy fields, white-washed Buddhist temples, and rural villages
– Spend the day on one of the golden beaches along the coast: Unawatuna, Thalpe or Mirissa
– Head to Sinharaja and take a walk through dense, virgin rain forest, home to thousands of plant and animal species
– Go whale and dolphin watching from Mirissa
– Visit the virgin white tea plantation in Titagalla and learn how tea, cinnamon and rubber is produced