The house is set back off the road and has a columned entrance leading into the sitting room with deep and comfortable sofas. Five bedrooms comfortably sleep 10 people. There are four double rooms and one twin room, all with en suite bathrooms.Three double rooms are on the ground floor overlooking the pool. The master suite and twin bedrooms are on the upper floor.
Designer Charles Hulse, himself a long time resident of the Fort, has captured the essence of what makes a tropical house special.
– Ride inland on mountain bikes to discover a stunning emerald landscape of paddy fields, white-washed Buddhist temples, and rural villages
– Spend the day on one of the golden beaches along the coast: Unawatuna, Thalpe or Mirissa
– Head to Sinharaja and take a walk through dense, virgin rainforest, home to thousands of plant and animal species
– Go whale and dolphin watching from Mirissa
– Visit the virgin white tea plantation in Titagalla and learn how tea, cinnamon and rubber is produced