The ground floor is where the living and dining room areas are found; the living area offers a lounge space with sofas and reading chairs, a flat screen TV and a collection of DVDs for those who, between swimming, surfing and site seeing, can relax in on a lazy day. Dining happens just a few feet away on an open verandah with views of the ocean a short distance away.
Arugam Bay has plenty of activities on offer; apart from the surf spots, the area has ancient rock temples, national parks in close proximity, deserted beach spots and the town makes for great bike rides.
Note: The villa comes fully staffed with a resident manager, chef, cleaning staff, security and Dan, a friendly local canine. The sea just in front of the villa is not safe for swimming.
– Tours to Batticaloa
– Safaris to Kumana National Park
– Safaris to Yala National Park
– Boat rides through the mangroves of the Pottuvil Lagoon
– Visits to historical temple sites in the area
– Fishing expeditions with local fishermen