The villa was designed by Sri Lankan architect Sunela Jayawardene, who has cleverly blended the location’s natural surroundings into the villa’s design, including breathtaking 360 degree views, natural rock boulders and tall tropical trees, perfect for indoor and outdoor living. The lush tropical setting is frequented by exotic birds including peacocks and even some wildlife by way of a local troupe of monkeys. Interiors are stylishly decorated with a mix of Dutch period antiques, plush sofas, local art and colorful soft furnishings – the ideal holiday setting for a group of friends or families travelling together.
– Explore the surrounding tea estate which is also planted with Cinnamon, pepper and fruit.
– Take a stroll into the village of Wanchawala scattered with paddy fields, village homes, and temples.
– Spend a morning at the beach at Unawatuna bay where there are plenty of watersports on offer during the season form December to April.
– At Ahangama, Midigama and Weligama, surfers prowl the shores in search of some of the best waves in Sri Lanka. Mirissa which is further south is popular for surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, and whale and dolphin spotting excursions.
– Situated just 20 minutes away is Galle’s historic 17C Dutch Fort – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The villa does not have a liquor license, but the staff can arrange to buy local and international liquor, beer and wine on your behalf. It’s a good idea to buy your favorite tipples from duty free when you arrive in Sri Lanka (or before). All groceries are purchased at cost price.