The four bedroom bungalow is an exclusive base set on 50 acres of working tea plantations, perfect for unwinding and experiencing all that life on a planter’s bungalow has to offer – be it taking long slow walks along winding trails through tea bush or simply enjoying freshly brewed tea, scrumptious scones and hill country air on a perfectly manicured blue grass garden.
A cozy study complete with big reading chairs and a comprehensive collection of reading material on the rich heritage of the tea plantations adds to the charm.
– Guests are free to explore the estate. The Estate contains walking trails mountain biking routes and our staff will be happy to guide you through the tea plantation.
– Enjoy a mornings activity by wrapping on your sacks, and head for the tea gardens with the tea baskets to hand pick the best shoots, which by late noon the gatherings will reach the factory before becoming your cup of tea.
– In the afternoon, enjoy a visit to a local tea factory and see the process first hand.
– The estate’s Tea Superintendent can enhance your tea tasting skills, by presenting a unique tea tasting demonstration on request.
– For those keen to understand the plantation neighborhood, a meeting with the local villagers can also be arranged.
– The ‘appus’ would be happy to engage you in a cooking lesson and demonstrate the art of cooking regional favorites.
– The cool breezes and breathtaking landscape around the hotel are perfect for exploring the area by bike. Most tracks around the bungalow are with limited traffic, so you can concentrate on enjoying the views.
– Enjoy an afternoon game of tennis on a private tennis clay court within the Bungalow premises, just like British planters did over a hundred years ago. Surrounded by the lush tea fields, it’s a setting unlike any other. Racquets and balls are available on request.