The three bedroomed villa is earthy with the comforts of modern day luxury; rough walls, cement floors, open air bathrooms and colonial style verandahs come together in a fusion of old and new.
A timber door swings open onto a walkway of concrete platforms floating above a pond, across which is the front verandah, which is styled traditionally using coconut timber columns to define the space that it shelters; perfect for breakfasts in the sun or lounging with a book. Across the pond and through the verandah lie the formal living spaces which include a living and dining room, courtyard, and open air guest bathroom set in vertically open spaces that share light, ventilation and ambience.
Hours can be spent lounging by the poolside or on the verandah by the ponds. The upstairs lounge area consists of a flat screen TV with satellite channels, DVD player and collection of films, CD player and a library with titles on Sri Lanka. The villa is Wi-Fi enabled.
This is a spacious double room with a four-poster bed. The en-suite bathroom has an open air H/W shower.
A medium sized twin bedded room with adjacent open air bathroom with HW shower.
A single room with a four-poster double bed next to the Queen’s Room. This room shares the adjacent bathroom with the Queen’s Room.
– Shop the city’s boutiques for everything from beautiful batiks, Indian silks and blue sapphires to stunning homeware pieces and antiques.
– Explore the wealth of culinary expertise: there are fine Japanese, Thai, Indian and Italian restaurants
– Take a helicopter ride above the city to get an aerial perspective
– Walk the Galle Face Green at sunset, fly a kite and sample some traditional street food
– Discover the country’s exciting artistic talent and the various small art galleries and exhibition spaces
– Indulge in spa treatments at the handful of world-class salons