As the world slowly begins to unravel from its coronavirus constraints, we at SriLankaInStyle are already happily picturing stretching our legs on tea hills treks and dipping our toes in the cool waters of the ocean. Staying on pause has given us plenty of time to reflect, and we have found that it is the little things in life that we have missed the most: the warmth of the sun on our skin; the exhilaration from a spectacular view; falling asleep to the rhythmic lull of the ocean, and being able to share our days with loved ones.
Like many others, this pandemic has shown us that we have been taking these small moments for granted. It is a gift to be able to discover the world’s most beautiful places, explore the endless diversity of its wildlife and cultures, and to share these revelations with those we love most. Time is precious, and we must seize these fleeting moments of bliss whilst we have the chance.
That is why we at SriLankaInStyle have been developing new special health and safety guidelines (see below) to ensure that you can explore Sri Lanka safely in the months ahead without compromising your wellbeing. These guidelines include the medical testing of our guides, sanitization of our vehicles and checking of the health and safety policies of our hotel partners, and will be continuously revised as the situation unfolds.
In mid-November 2020, our ground operator ‘The Fabulous Getaway’ became one of the first Sri Lanka Destination Management Companies to receive a ‘Safe and Secure’ certificate from the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA), following an independent review conducted by KPMG Sri Lanka.
The certificate recognizes that the company has put in place appropriate health & safety protocols to safeguard tourists against Covid-19 during their journey around Sri Lanka. Holidays in Sri Lanka can now only be operated by travel companies with this accreditation.
Click here to download our Safe and Secure certificate
For those seeking additional assurance, travel insurance cover for contracting coronavirus whilst abroad is now available through Staysure, and we are confident that many other providers will follow suit as this situation becomes the new normal.
More broadly, we are also turning our minds to inventive itinerary ideas which get you off the tourist trail and away from the crowds. Sri Lanka is largely a rural destination and we have spent the last 17 years seeking out the island’s hidden gems, from glorious off-the-beaten-track locations to its most fascinating people. Our talented team of trip planners will prioritize your safety whilst creating a customized tour that still delivers everything you are looking for – get in touch via email@example.com.
Stay safe and keep planning – Sri Lanka is waiting for you.
Our new health and safety guidelines
- Each chauffeur-guide will be screened for Covid-19 immediately before the tour, and will continue to test their temperature throughout the trip
- Prior to and during the tour, vehicles will be completely disinfected with anti-viral products
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the vehicle at all times
- Chauffeur-guides to wear a face mask when driving and guiding clients, and to employ appropriate social distancing throughout tour
- Chauffeur-guides will provide assistance to any clients who feel unwell during their tour and will be aware of the recommended hospitals and support networks in each part of the island
- Our Meet and Greet team will provide clients with face masks upon their arrival at the airport, and hand sanitizer will be included as part of the Welcome Pack
- Our Meet and Greet team to advise clients of any applicable health and safety regulations
- Our Customer Care team will be available 24/7 to provide advice and assistance as required
- All hosts to carry hand sanitizer and employ appropriate social distancing with clients
- All hosts to abide by government regulations regarding social distancing and face masks
- Clients will be provided with face masks for guided experiences if necessary / requested
- For experiences such as walking tours, routes may be altered to avoid crowded places – this will be decided on a case-by-case basis and agreed before the experience begins
- We will be continually monitoring the health and safety policies being adopted at all partner hotels and villas and will provide specific information on such measures in advance of your trip
How to make this experience a part of your itinerary?
Our vision for our blog is to build an invaluable resource for independent inquisitive travelers wanting to travel to Sri Lanka in a way that goes beyond the conventional and takes people further and deeper both physically and emotionally. It’s about having a fuller, richer, more meaningful trip. We also want to be a practical resource. Every article is ‘actionable’, you are able to make it part of your itinerary in some way. For tips on how to make any of these tips part of your journey send us an enquiry